Status

Still alive! I think I blog mostly as an outlet when I can't play as much as I'd like, and the last eight months or so have seen a ton of play. We've bumped up my campaign to weekly and I'm in a couple semi-weekly games besides. It's awesome. The party has moved on from Strigastadt proper to a hexcrawl phase on the Forgotten Shore, inspired of course by the legendary West Marches campaign (I'm only... eight years behind the zeitgeist?).

The move was partially motivated by my love of shiny new things, and partially by my dissatisfaction with how Strigastadt was running. The long and short of it is that I could not make the ruined city megadungeon feel like the Gormenghast interconnected multi-level maze that is in my head. Big surprise I know. That and I started embellishing the settled part of the city and city adventures suck with seven players, especially when your DM is bad at roleplaying distinctive NPCs. The players still enjoyed Strigastadt a bunch and are contemplating returning someday after we explore the sandbox a bit, so it's honestly my own frustrations more than anything. Maybe I'll go into more detail about what did and did not work in another post one day.

I reckon most of my upcoming posts will be bits and pieces of how I've set up my hexcrawl, with play reports mixed in. I'm going to be honest, I have an unhealthy love of random tables / generators, so there's gonna be some of that crammed in for sure.

Hello again and Happy New Year! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strigastadt VIII

Dog Breeds

The Chicken Market